A 20 km of Mas Torrencito. Gerona (At Catalan and officially,Girona, AFI: [ʒiˈɾonə]) is a city y municipality español, capital of the homonymous province and the county . Gironés, In the autonomous community de Catalonia. Girona City - Mastorrencito
It belongs to the field of Girona regions (Comarques Gironines) and the urban system of Gerona, according to General Territorial Plan of Catalonia. Girona City - Rural tourism Pets
The city is crossed by rivers Have, Güell, Galligants y Oñar, at an altitude of 75 m above the sea level.
Its municipal term limits the north co
n Saint Julian of Ramis y Sarriá de Ter, to the east with Celrá, southeast with Juyá y Quart, southwest with Fornells de la Selva, Vilablareix y Salt, and to the west with San Gregorio.
It is the center of Gerona urban area and Girona urban system.
Its historic center or Old neighborhood It is one of the most evocative of Catalonia, with unique monumental elements in Europe.
It is delimited in the east by the so-called Walk of the Wall, the coastal path of the ancient Carolingian walls (s. IX) and late medieval (s. XIV y XV).
Its monuments include the Call, old Jewish neighborhood, one of the best preserved in Spain; as well as the famous and colorful Houses of Oñar, built on the bank of the river and very close to the Cathedral, of a grandiose unique nave, which is the widest in the world in Gothic style.6
In 2016, the city was awarded the Europe Award, a distinction awarded annually by the Council of Europe, since 1955, to those municipalities that have made notable efforts to promote the ideal of European unity. It was the second Spanish city to obtain the award, after Santiago de Compostela (1985).
- Old Town: The Old Town of Gerona, the heart of the original Roman city of Gerunda, contains all the most relevant artistic heritage of the city and is surrounded by immense walls that can be traversed along the Passeig Arqueològic and the Passeig de la Muralla , with a beautiful viewpoint over the city.
- Las Casas del Oñar: Very characteristic of Gerona are the houses hanging over the river Oñar. These picturesque houses built over the centuries by the river offer a splendid image of a small Mediterranean town. All the river facades are painted following the color palette conferred by Enric Ansesa, Jaume Faixó and the architects J. Fuses and J. Viader.
The Jewish quarter
- The Jewish Quarter (El Call Jueu): Within the crossroads of medieval alleys, the Jewish Quarter stands out, El Call, where a small community lived until the end of the XNUMXth century.
- It is one of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe. The Bonastruc Ça Porta Center, the possible old synagogue that has now become a study center, stands out. To the north side of the center is Montjuïc, or Mount of the Jews.
- The Cathedral of Gerona: Main article: Cathedral of Gerona In the Plaza de la Catedral the Casa Pastors, current Renaissance building Palacio de Justícia, and the Pia Almoina are important.In this square is the Cathedral or Santa María, built between the XNUMXth centuries -XVIII that offers four architectural styles: Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque.
- In addition to other civil buildings such as the Casa de l'Ardiaca and the Episcopal Palace, the old town has representative religious buildings, such as the Sant Pere de Galligants monastery or the Sant Feliu Basilica.
- Arab baths: The route through the Barrí Vell can end at the Archaeological Walk, with the Julia and Cornelia towers; and the Arab Baths, at the end of the walk, characterized by its upper domed lantern.
Thank you very much and we hope to see you soon. #Uncompresented
Mas Torrencito, the first rural house for pets that admits people
and if you want to give a stay to your friends or family, enter our store and acquire a discount voucher…. The shop
Keywords: Rural house girona Rural tourism girona Cases rurals girona Rural house girona swimming pool Rural accommodation girona Cases rurals girona cheap Rural getaway girona Girona cases rurals